This course includes:
7.5 hours on-demand video
12 downloadable resources
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion
Students will need to have Excel 2007 installed, as this is the system used in the teaching.
This course is aimed at the excel user who already knows the basics of Excel 2007. This course will help you to go beyond the basics – to reach a higher-intermediate level. With shortcuts, tricks and tips – you will be able to work smarter and faster.
If you want to be fairly competent in the software, then this course will be convenient. It is a lot quicker to be shown than to try and muddle through and work things out by yourself. Guaranteed, there’ll be some items we cover that you have no idea that Excel could do!
We don’t want you to spend a day of your life in the classroom… learn 99 quick and beneficial, practical things which you can apply to your job or on your projects.
- Working with Data – using series, symbols and special characters, hide rows and freeze panels
- Formulas and Functions – Calculate the duration between two dates/times, best loan terms, create a conditional formula and conditional sums.
- Copying Data – transposing rows into columns and paste specials
- Using Excel lists – sort and filter a list, remove duplicate records, count filtered records, look up information in a list
- Data Patterns – Pivot tables, pivot charts, what-if analysis
- Creating charts – histogram, trendlines, piecharts, error bars
- Presenting data – formatting columns and numbers
- Saving and printing worksheets – printing multiple worksheets, area, cell ranges, repeat headings of a row or column
- Extending excel – hyperlinks, embed a chart, importing a worksheet
- Customizing Excel – custom workspace, custom view, macros
The target audience has a basic level of Excel and wants to learn other handy functions and features. We use Excel 2007 only in this course. If you have Excel 2003, this course will be difficult to follow as although the functions and features exist in 2003, the layout changed dramatically between the two versions. Excel 2007 isn’t too dissimilar from 2010.
Where necessary, we provide a spreadsheet – but as long as you have Excel 2007, you’ll be able to copy and do exactly what you see on the screen by pausing the video and following along.
The course will take approx 7.5 hours to complete.
Take this course if you want to take your basic understanding of Excel to a higher intermediate-level.
Who this course is for:
- This is for those who are beginners in Excel and want to take it further to a higher intermediate level – using Excel 2007
- You should know the “basics” in Excel, and we take it from near-beginner to higher intermediate.
- Lectures 103
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 365 days
- Skill level Intermediate
- Students 255
- Assessments Yes
Introduction to the course and your tutor
Formulas and Functions
- Add values
- Function wizard
- Formulas with comments
- Define a constant
- Apply names in functions
- Figure out the best loan terms
- Internal Rates of Return
- Nth largest value
- Large, Small, Max, Min
- Conditional formula
- Conditional formula with names
- Count If
- Conditional sum
- Inner calculator
- Square Roots
- Calculate the duration between two times
- Calculate days between two dates
Copying Data, Formats etc.
- Enter list data using a form
- Searching through a data list
- Import a word list into excel
- Sort a list
- Filter a list
- Sort by multiple criteria
- Find averages in a sorted group
- Filter by multiple criteria
- Remove duplicate records from a list
- Count filtered records
- Filter by multiple criteria in the same column
- Chart a filtered list
- Look up information in a List
- Create a PivotTable
- Modify a PivotTable and layout
- Find the average of a field
- Create a calculated field
- Calculated fields and charts
- Hide rows and columns in a PivotTable
- AutoFormat a PivotTable
- Create a PivotChart
- Turning on the Data Analysis function so that statistical information can be run
- Describe Data with Statistics
- Discover associations within your data
- Product Numbers
- What-if analysis
- Goal seek
Saving and Priniting Worksheets
- Save a workbook as a Template
- Save a workbook as an XML spreadsheet
- Print multiple cell ranges on One Page
- Page set up, header, footer, margins – 1 page printing
- Print multiple areas of a workbook
- Print multiple worksheets of a workbook
- Repeat Headings of a Row or Column
- Print functions to show calculations & comments